Acne can be define as a most common skin disorder that occurs when hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. Human skin, especially on the face, neck, back and chest is covered form millions of microscopic hair follicles, often called pores.
Sometimes, these follicles produce vast amount of cells and become blocked. In fact, sebaceous gland exists near the surface of skin that is attached to hair follicles. This sebaceous gland produces an oily substance which is known as sebum.
When gland begins to produce high amount of sebum then sebum blocks pores in the skin to form whiteheads. Bacteria and yeast in the skin cause whiteheads to become pimples that are inflamed, red and sometime pus-filled.
Acne is a very common skin condition affecting more than 90% of all teenagers, nearly 50% of all adult women and 25% of all adults. It is part of the natural process of change in your body. Through various scientific research reports and survey, some of the reason can be describe as a cause of Acne.
- Production of Sebum in High Amount.
- Clogged Pored from Dirt and Debris of Dead Skin Cells.
- Sebaceous Gland infected by Bacteria.
Acne Sign & Symptoms
- Acne is not just a pimple on face or body, actually a person who has Acne can have any blemishes like Blackheads, Whiteheads, papules, Cysts, Nodules and pustules. It can appear on any body part but it usually appears on the back, chest, neck, shoulders and upper arms.
- Due to Acne, many people feel low self-esteem that makes them to feel bad about themselves. In some cases, people reserve their nature and they don’t want to be with friends.
- According to various surveys, Acne can lead the situation of depression to individuals. In the depression, people mentality gets negative and they believe that they have “bad” acne were likely to think about committing suicide.
- When acne grown-up they make a dark spot on face. People who get acne cysts and nodules often see scars when the acne clears.
Treatments for Acne:
About the treatments of Acne, there are various perceptions to dealing with. Various gels, lotions, and creams are used to treat acne. Different preparations work in different ways. The following briefly describes the different types.
This is a common topical treatment. It has three actions – it kills bacteria, reduces inflammation, and helps to unplug blocked pores. In this process you simply need to buy benzoyl from pharmacies and apply where you exactly have Acne problems.
Topical antibiotics work by killing the Propionibacterium acnes bacteria. This not only helps reduce the small infections in the pores, but also indirectly keeps the pores open.
This medication is used to treat mild to moderate acne. It works by reducing the amount of acne-causing bacteria on the skin and by helping to keep your pores open and unblocked, thus decreasing the number of acne pimples. Azelaic acid belongs to a class of drugs known as dicarboxylic acids.
It is a chemical compound that is used in medicine and regulates the epithelial cell growth. In the treatment of acne, Retinoids is a prescribed medicine. If you have moderate to severe acne that hasn’t been helped by other treatments, adding a topical retinoid to your regimen may help other treatments work better. Applied to the skin, retinoids can unclog pores, allowing other topical medications to enter and reach problem areas better.
Perfect combination of topical preparations contains a mixture of ingredients – for example, benzoyl peroxide plus an antibiotic, or a retinoid plus an antibiotic. These may work better than either ingredient alone.