Are you bored of bread toast and bread sandwiches, then this South Indian Style bread upma is for you. It can be prepared with left bread also. l love this bread upma. Today we will learn how to make bread upma.
- Bread – 6 slices
- Onion-2 sliced thinly
- Tomato-2 chopped finely
- Green Chilli-1 sliced lengthwise
- Chilli powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam-1 tsp
- Oil-1 tblspn + for toasting bread
- Salt as per taste
- Toast your bread slices till light browned. cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard and cumin seeds.Let it sprinkle.
- Add in onions and green chillies and fry it for 2 min.
- Now add in tomatoes, add chilli powder,garam masala powder and salt. And mix it well.
- Add some water and cook this covered for 5 mins untill the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add in bread pieces and mix well.
- Cook it for 5 mins and serve immediately or put it in lunch box for kids