As we all know that Mango is the king of the fruit. In every aspect, it really deserves this title. Mango is a seasonal fruit that fills our life with happy moments. In the category of fruits, mango is a highly nutritious fruit with an amazing aroma, flavor, sweetness levels, look and taste that has a tendency to catch the taste buds of even the most preferential and unmistakable quality seekers.
Mango is perfect for salads, mango shakes, fruit creams, fruit yogurts, smoothies, fruit cake creams, for making raw fruit cakes. Mango can be considered as an immune system booster. It is rich in Vitamin A, C and 25 various quality elements that heals our internal immunity. Chutney is a relish of fruit simmered with vinegar and spices. In Indian culture, Aam chutney plays an important role to complete the taste of food.
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Serving: 8 – 10 People
Ingredients for Aam Chutney:
- Oil: 2Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds: ½ Tbsp (Roasted power )
- Mustard Seeds: 1 Tbsp
- Ripe Mango: 2 cups ( ½ Inch. Cube Shape )
- Ginger: 1 Tbsp (sliced)
- Red Chilies: 3 – 4
- Dark Jaggery: 50 Gms
- Water: 1 Cup
- Salt: According to taste
- Asafetida: A pinch (Hing)
How to make Aam Chutney?
- First of all put a saucepan on flame and heat oil over a medium – high flame.
- When oil get started to warm then add mustard seeds and cook until the seeds have stopped popping. This process takes 20 to 30 seconds.
- Now, it is the perfect time to put mango cubes, asafetida, salt, red chilies & cumin into a saucepan. In this process be careful.
- After few second minimize the flame into medium level cook until the fruit get lightly brown. You can wait upto 5 to 7 minutes.
- Now, properly mix the dark jaggery & sugar into it and wait until it dissolves with mangoes. When sugar properly dissolves into mangoes then you can add water into it. Now, cook the chutney for next 10 – 15 minutes, After that, you can serve warm chutney to your family and friends.
If you want to store chutney for a long time then cover and refrigerate it without the cilantro.