Vegetable Momos is a Nepali Recipe which can be consider as type of dumpling. The recipe of Momos is very admired in nearby area of Darjeeling, Bhutan, Tibet, Sikkim and Northeastern Area of India. The recipe of momos is a most popular snack in North – Eastern India and soft & delicious to eat & easy to eat.
If you are going to try momos first time to make then I assure you it is easy o make and it is not tough. Usually meat is used for momos filling and here we are going to share the recipe of veg momos which is made with some Indian stuffing like fresh vegetables. You can use paneer for momo’s stuffing; it makes your momos more healthy and tasty to eat.
You can try momos in two flavors i.e. steamed Momos or Fried Momos. Steamed one are healthier and soften to eat but if want to add some crunchiness into your taste then you can fry your momos. If you are conscious about your health you can pan fry your momos instead of deep fry.
Delicious Recipe of Momos can be prepared in various shapes like half moon shapes, ball shape or dumpling shapes are popular shapes to wrap the momos. In evening snack, these momos with chilli sauce feels a tremendous experience. Here, we are going to share some healthy source of making healthy momos. This is undoubtedly innovative low calorie snack flour wrappers are filled with a healthy filling of broccoli and bean sprouts, and steamed to make an appetizing snack. Delicious things come in small packages. Case in point, the healthy little momo that makes for a mouthful of yummy.
Preparation Time: 25 Mins
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
Serve to People: 8 People
Ingredients for Momos Recipe:
- For Momo’s Wrapper: Plain Flour: 1/3 Cup
- Salt: According to Taste
- For Momo’s Stuffing: Blanched and finely chopped broccoli: 1/3 Cup
- Chopped bean sprouts: ¼ Cup
- Ginger-green chilli paste: ½ Cup
- Finely chopped garlic: 1 Tbsp
- Plain flour: 1 Tbsp
- Sugar: ½ cup
How to make Delicious Momos Recipe:
For the Momo wrapper:
- First of all sieve the flour and salt together properly.
- After that use warm water and knead well to make soft dough.
- When the knead process get completed then keep aside for 30 minutes, covered with a damp muslin cloth.
- After 30 minutes, divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- After that roll – out each dough into proper round shape to make a momo wrapper.
- Keep aside, covered with a damp muslin cloth.
How to proceed for Momos Recipe:
- For momos, first of all we need to place a momo wrapper on a flat dry surface and put 2 tsp of the stuffing in the centre.
- After that apply the flour paste along the edges and fold over to make a semi-circle and pinch at the outer rim.
- Repeat the same above process with remaining dough momo wrappers and stuffing to make 7 more momos.
- Arrange the momos in a steamer plate and steam for 10 minutes.
- In the final step momos are ready to eat. Serve hot and delicious momos to their guests and show their best hospitality to them
Making Momos Sauce
- Place garlic cloves, ginger, whole red chilli in a grinder. Add 1 tsp of water and grind to make a fine paste.
- Add salt and vinegar. Add red chilli powder to provide color to the sauce.
- Veg Momos sauce is ready. Serve it with momos and enhance your snack’s taste.