The healthy diet habit can help anybody to concentrate, fight against diseases, even help to maintain a fit body and balanced weight. In our daily routine, healthy food, especially breakfast is really very important meal of the day. Having a healthy breakfast, not only give you a healthy start-up for a day, it is also responsible for many health benefits, including immunity enhancement, weight loss and improved performance. Many studies show that a routine of healthy breakfast maintains body- weight for perfect lifestyle.
Here in this section, we share a recipe of wheat and oat, which can be consider as a healthy breakfast with rich nutrient value i.e. wholesome broken wheat and oat porridge served with apples and bananas. Eating breakfast is associated with a healthy lifestyle that totally depends on food choices and balancing calories with exercise.
Broken whole wheat & oats are a common food category of our daily diet. While both wheat and oats have been a popular diet for all human ages. In a past few years, oats have recently gained high exposure as a healthier breakfast option. In a grain family, oats is one of the grains that minimizing cholesterol levels in the body reduce the risks of heart failure, enhancing the immune system, stabilizing blood sugar, lowers the risk of diabetes, etc.
On other side, Wheat can be consider as a highly nutrient filled and dietary supplement that offers protein, fat, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, iron, magnesium, vitamin B, folate, calcium, manganese, zinc, potassium and starch. On the basis of various research, it has various health benefits like low carbohydrates, helps reduce risk of metabolic syndrome, sugar problem, reduce chronic inflammation and provides protection against breast cancer, etc.
Let’s see how to prepare wholesome broken wheat and oat porridge for this winter season.
Average preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Serving people: Serve 4 People
One sliced bananas
Half apple in cubes
2 tbsp broken wheat (washed and drained )
Half cup quality oats
250 ml low fat milk
Two tbsp low fat butter
1/2 small tbsp cinnamon powder
1) First of all take a cookware with cover& put them on flame. After that put butter in a pan. When butter melts, add the broken wheat and stir on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
2) Now, add oats and stir on a medium flame for next 2 minutes.
3) When above process completed then add milk with a cup of water, mix well and covered the cookware for next 10 minutes.
4) When it cooked very well then add sugar and cinnamon powder, mix well and cool slightly.
5) When it cools down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6) Just before serving, Garnish porridge with the banana and apples.